Administrative Event Specialist
Basic Job Info
Silpada Designs is the world’s largest home-based .925 Sterling Silver Jewelry company. Our company was created by two fashionable mothers as a way to share their innate sense of style—and love of Sterling Silver Jewelry—with other women. Now, with more than 32,000 Representatives in the United States, and Canada. Silpada inspires women of all ages and backgrounds to live the lives of their dreams.We are seeking a talented professional to join our team. At Silpada, we strive for excellence in the workplace. Our corporate work environment is casual but focused. www.silpada.com.
The Administrative Event Specialist will be responsible for all administrative aspects of Silpada's events.
- Conducting research on event locations, presenting findings to group for buy in and approval
- Coordinating event registration including creating registration for event and managing reports
- Coordinating event transportation needs
- Finalizing hotel and vendor contracts as well as handling all contractual payments, review dates etc.
- Processing all vendor payments
- Organizing event materials for all events
- Sourcing and purchasing items for events (includes venues, gifts, event décor, etc.)
- Coordinating all flights with internal staff and external vendors
- Ordering of all jewelry needed for events
- Creating surveys and processing results
- Updating budgets
- Preparing shipments to send to event locations
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 2 years’ administrative experience.
- Must be highly organized, self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Must be willing and able to conduct conversations with field Representatives on a variety of subjects (registration, airfare, hotel accommodations)
- Must be able to interface, and be sensitive to people from a global perspective. ie: open to different ideas and modes of communication based on custom or cultural differences
- Must be creative in both tangible and intangible situations
- Proficient in MS Office products: Word, Excel, Power Point
- Must be able to exchange information using tact and persuasion requiring excellent communication skills
- Must be flexible with changes from within and outside the department
- Some travel may be required for this job.