Senior Project Manager, Clinical Trials Recruitment
Basic Job Info
US-NC-Raleigh/Durham - RTP
Job DescriptionAt Allscripts, our Mission is to be the most trusted provider of innovative solutions that empower all stakeholders across the healthcare continuum to deliver world-class outcomes.
Our Vision is a Connected Community of Health?. With the largest community of clients in healthcare, Allscripts is able to deliver an integrated platform of clinical, financial, connectivity and information solutions to facilitate enhanced collaboration and exchange of critical patient information.
Allscripts offers exciting new career opportunities in various locations throughout the U.S.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Project Manager.
This position will be responsible for managing all aspects of the project to improve patient recruitment yields for clinical trials.
• The role will need 3+ years of experience directly involved in the recruitment of patients for clinical trials either at Pharma Company, CRO or other related company that is directly involved in the recruitment of patients for clinical trials
• Will need to hire and supervise the activities of a small team of developers
• Will need to work closely with employees at both clinical trials partners and Allscripts to define the project milestones and manage to them
• Some Product Management and Project Management experience would be important prerequisites
• Delivers projects / programs on schedule and within budget as specified by project plans
• Deliverables in the areas of functional and technical design, coding, unit, system and regression testing, release to configuration management & delivery services
• Responsible for the overall transparency of project deliverables through the life cycle phases from development to delivery
• Works across functional teams to ensure plans are sound with respect to scheduling, customer needs and company standards
• Prepares service level agreements, as needed
• Ensures the use of appropriate processes and standards throughout the development lifecycle
• Ensures proper levels of managerial approval are in place during each phase
• Schedules, monitors and tracks the project to ensure it meets the deadlines
• Supports professional services/customer support activities for implementation consulting and training
• Ensures that the project scope is clearly defined and documented at the onset of the project
• Manages scope changes and change requests escalating internally and externally as necessary impacts on costs, schedules and deliverables
• Manages project risks through prioritization, planning, up to delivery
• Creates and monitors risk logs and actively mitigates all risks
• Seeks to understand the client?s business and the hand-offs needed between the development, systems, quality assurance and product teams, to deliver on the client?s needs
• Manages tight deadlines without sacrificing quality or quantity
• Ensures effective review process for detailed design, coding and system testing
• Collection of good quality metrics from design overview to release
• Defines a communication plan suitable to the project size and importance
• Distills scheduling and metrics data into concise management reports
• Liaise across teams to resolve issues about enhancements and fixes
• Liaise with other departments to ensure the internal client / stakeholders are apprised of progress
• Identifies and escalates critical issues in a timely fashion
• Partners with both the development and product functional teams to define tasks, and validate and track progress against the project targets and organizational goals
• Keeps team appraised via project plans, meetings and discussion minutes of project tasks identified, tasks to be completed, and work not completed
• Alerts stakeholders to potential scheduling risks, anticipates slippage and take pre-emptive action
• Uses historical Project Data to assist in decision-making or project modeling
• Identifies, suggests and implements improvements to processes
People Management Accountabilities
• Work with Development Operations and Programs to identify and recruit internal/external talents to ensure effective mix of competencies
• Work with Development Operations to induct new joiners in to Project Teams in order to quickly maximize performance
• Set and communicate team/project objectives and KPIs to inspire individuals and the team to achieve high performance
• Successful completion of a Bachelor's Degree or relevant Business experience
• 14+ years of software development experience, development or technical services experience plus 5 years of experience in project management
• Travel requirements ? willing and able to travel 4-5 times a year internationally
Allscripts offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including holidays, vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, flexible spending account, company paid life insurance and 401(k) with company match.
Allscripts is dedicated to attracting and developing a highly diverse workforce/ EOE
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Raleigh. Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process